Bioidentical Hormone Therapy: What It Is and What You Need to Know
As you get older, your hormone production will eventually start to slow down. This can have an impact on both men and women, and it can lead to a variety of unpleasant symptoms. Fortunately, you don’t necessarily have to deal with these symptoms on your own, as bioidentical hormone therapy could help you address your decline in hormone levels, mitigate the symptoms of hormonal fluctuation, and help you preserve your overall health and wellness.
What is bioidentical hormone therapy, and how can it benefit you?
What Is Bioidentical Hormone Therapy?
Hormones are substances made in endocrine glands throughout your body, and they act as messengers that tell various parts of your body how to do their jobs. In bioidentical hormone therapy, the replacement hormones come from plants. A few examples of bioidentical hormones that could be used in this therapeutic process include testosterone, progesterone, and estrogen.
The goal is to restore your levels of these hormones to normal to help mitigate some of the symptoms you might be experiencing. In using hormones that come from plants and other natural sources, we can mimic the hormones made by your body’s glands, providing an effective treatment strategy.
What Are the Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Therapy?
If your hormone levels are out of balance, there are a variety of symptoms you might experience. Some of the most common symptoms that you might notice include:
- Night sweats
- Hot flashes
- A loss of interest in sexual activity
- Constant fatigue and tiredness
- Weight gain
That is exactly where bioidentical hormone therapy can be of significant benefit. Some of the main benefits of this treatment option include:
- Mimics Natural Hormones: While the hormones will be customized to meet your specific needs, they will mimic your natural hormones as much as possible.
- Increased Libido: You might notice that you have more interest in sexual activity, which can improve your quality of life.
- Stronger Hair and Nails: If you are tired of the feel and appearance of your hair and nails, bioidentical hormone therapy could help you.
- Control Your Weight: If you want to remain at a healthy weight, your hormone levels need to be in balance. Bioidentical hormone therapy can help you achieve that.
- Improved Bone Health: Hormones to increase bone strength decrease with age. Therapy can help supplement those waning hormone levels.
Learn More About Whether Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Is Right for You
If you are looking for a way to improve your overall health and wellness, bioidentical hormone therapy could be for you. Visit Regenesis Life for a consultation for more information.
Transform Your Health
Ready to begin your health journey with Regenesis Life?
The process is simple.